Reinstalling on a new machine
When reinstalling one of our desktop programmes, registration details must be entered as were originally used for registration. Note that these registration details are case- and character-sensitvie. If you need to obtain your original registration details, email email@example.com stating the product and its serial number (found on the inside of the DVD-ROM case).
Reinstallation on Windows 7
If you have entered an incorrect user name or email address, or used a different capitalisation, you will have to edit the hidden Crex.ini configuration file that Windows 7 or 8 has made. You will need to be able to view hidden files to be able to see this on your PC.
To see hidden files:
- Open Control Panel.
- Select View By Small Icons at the top right-hand side.
- Click Folder Options > View tab.
- Click Show hidden Files and Folders.
- Click OK.
To edit the hidden configuration file that Windows 7 makes and uses:
- Navigate to the following directory in Windows Explorer:
- 32-bit: C:\Users\Your User name\App data\Local\Virtual Store\Program Files\BirdGuides\BWPi\Crex.ini
- 64-bit: C:\Users\Your User name\App data\Local\Virtual Store\Program Files (X86)\BirdGuides\BWPi\Crex.ini
- Double-click the file to open it in Notepad or WordPad.
- Scroll down to the second section down, headed License.
- Correct your user name, save then exit. Please be careful not to enter any extra spaces and to remember this is all case-sensitive.
NB These guides are taken from the product DVD-ROMs and in some cases may be outdated by information on this website.